Have you been thinking of how to increase visibility for your business at no extra cost? Every business owner’s biggest goals would be visibility and it makes sense because reaching your target audience equals potential sales. Whereas, no one buys from a business they don’t know.
Whether you’re looking to drive foot traffic or web traffic, Google is the ultimate search referrer. It is estimated that Google holds more than 92% of the search engine market share and is currently the world’s most visited website.
Google My Business is a tool you can use to increase visibility. Think of it as a way of exposing your business to customers who might otherwise not find you. So if a potential customer wants to get clothes in your neighborhood, they go on Google to search for shops nearby. If you are listed on Google, your business will appear in their search.
So what is Google My Business?
Google My Business is a free business listing from Google. It allows you to provide details and photos of your business, including your location, services, and products. Listing with Google is easy-breezy and requires no technical knowledge. The information you would need includes business name, address, phone number, website address, and any other information you might want to add.
A step-by-step guide to listing your business on Google.
To get your business listed on Google, follow these steps;
- Go to Google My Business and click on “Manage Now”
- Check to see if your business is already listed on Google. If it is, claim it. If not, click the “Add Your Business” button
- Fill in your business details
- Verify your business. Google can send you verification code in a couple of ways (post, phone, or email) but the most common method is through postcard.
- Create your Google My Business profile and include additional information.
You can get started here.